Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Soap Dish Project

A State park in Oregon

Happy November Lovely's

Today I am very proud of myself, Why? you ask, well let me tell you. I finally have the pictures for the Soap dish project. I am by no means a professional so please forgive any eyesores or classic amateur mistakes I made =) I'm just proud I got it done and I can move on to the next project now.


 I went to a few stores Ikea, Ross, and some thrift stores in search of a soap dish that would compliment my style and be what I wanted. I also looked on line at Jcpenny, Anthropologie and Kohls. I did buy the one from Ikea and its cute I'll use it some day in the future. Here he is




Then on a weekend my mother, my sister and I went to another Thrift store and I was in the clothing section when sitting on the basket in between wallets and Sombreros was this perfect Soap dish. I was so excited I grabbed it and went searching for my mom. I told her the only worry I had was it didn't drain and she said oh you know how to fix that? I responded that NO in fact I did not know. and She told me. Put a ring from an old shower curtain in the dish. Then the dish doesn't touch the soap creating a drain of sorts and the soap bar won't get soggy =)

Isn't he gorgeous?


There's the shower ring 

Place it in the dish

Then place your soap on top and Wala




Well That was fun. I am sure I'll pull it out when I have company. I'm nervous on of the Monkeys that climb in my bed at night might give it the tiniest push  and for it to fall off that iity bitty counter space. Oh and I paid 99 Cents for the glass soap dish

 My next project is going to be painting a big shelve my Brother in-law gave me. I will share a few pinspirations next post. I hope where ever you are you are enjoying the weather. Staying Happy and almost ready for Family, Food and Making memories. Thank you for reading.

God Bless
Mela













1 comment:

  1. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories.
    best soap dish

    ReplyDelete